Friday, June 20, 2008

いちばん - Baby Steps...

Lets begin with a brief introduction so I can explain to myself and any possible viewers of this blog my intentions. At the beginning of this year I made a decision I was going to learn Japanese. This stems from my desire to complete a Masters of Landscape Architecture at the Tokyo University of Agriculture.

Obviously I've set my self a task thats not easy but definitely not impossible by any means. I have made progress... slowly.. but I'm not giving up and hopefully this blog will help motivate me and keep me on track towards my intended goal.

I guess I should explain this title of this blog. This came from a conversation with my friend about learning Japanese as were heading over there in January for a holiday. I was telling him how to say 'I undersatnd' : わかりました. This came out sounding to him like: 'Iamthecurrymaster'. Now all every time I say わかりました I'm always thinking about the damn curry master!

Oh and thanks to http://www.tofugu.com for inspiring me to add another dimension to my Japanese study by creating this blog.

The question remaining... where to start? I should set some goals relating to the purpose of this blog so here goes:
  • 1. Record the progress I make with my Japanese studies.
  • 2. Build a vocab list to which I should add at least 5 words a day.
  • 3. Collect information about Japanese culture in particular Landscape Design and agricultural techniques.
Ok thats enough for now... next post the real work begins!

No comments: