Wednesday, July 2, 2008

よんばん - Beginning of SRS and finding inspiration

After looking around the internet at the vast amount of resources for learning Japanese I had become slightly overwhelmed. Where to start, what to learn first and what materials to use? There seemed to be so much information it was hard to decide what was going to help me the best. So stepping back and breaking it down I have managed to focus on a few things which I can hopefully keep developing to suit my learning needs:

1. My weekly Japanese class. Although some website have been critical of such classes I find this occasional interaction helps keep me motivated and structure my week by week progress.

2. Mp3 Audio: I have switched from Pimsleur Audio course to www.japanesepod101.com which are so much more interactive and engaging than the pimsleur series. So these will fill in what ever spare time I have, along with listening to Japanese music.

3. This blog and read writing exercises: Probably the most negleted area to date but Im working on this as it is an essential component. I am really keen to get into Kanji and need to strucure in more reading/writing time.

4.SRS: Spaced Repetition System is something I discoverd at www.alljapanesallthetime.com. This idea of inputing key sentences and words and doing reps which vary in consistency depending on your ability to remember them makes sense, so I will continue to add the sentences I create on this blog.

5.Talking:The last and most obvious... practicing real conversation whenever I can!

Enough point making, time for some new words:

VERBS (ます - form)

かきます - To Write

おくります - To Send

つくります - to

NOUNS

イタリアりょうり - Italian Food

おんがく - Music

にわ - Garden

しょくぶつえん - Bottanical Garden

JUST ONE SENTENCE TODAY:

きょう しょくぶつえんでほんをよみましたそのあとでうちにいきましたそしてイタリアりょうりを作りましたそしてにほんのおんがくをききました

Next time... Grammer, use of original forms and conjagation of verbs. Kanji.. its time to start looking at this... Hooray! :p

No comments: