Thursday, July 3, 2008

ごばん - Learning the best way

Watched an interesting Lecture by John Medina, a Molecular Physicist who specializes in Neuroscience (I think thats what he is... bah whatever...) and he was talking about how traditional learning environments are so counter productive to the way our brain is designed to learn. So to the point I want to use this process of learning Japanese as a way to understand learning in a new way that's not focused on 'study' but rather a necessary reaction to understand my environment...hmm maybe thats just a way of saying study..

This will be nice to look back on but its not helping me learn, So back to the aim:

NUMBERS (Kanji Time!)

一 いち
二 に
三 さん

四 よん
五 ご
六 ろく
七 なな
八 はち
九 く 十 
じゅう 

百 ひゃく
千 せん
万 まん

NOUNS

天気 てんき Weather


Adjectives

ようじ - Business / something to do

じつは - Confession/ to tell the truth

しゅみ - hobby

いちごいちえ - Once in a life time chance.

について - about

いつも - always

hmm can I put these all together?

じつはあしたよじがある。あたらしいしゅみをみつけたい。なにかいつもしたい。あとでせつめいする。。

Ok one more new word there:

せつめいする - Explain

Didn't use について not sure about what contexts it can be used in... so follow up I will..
Damn my consistency of posts isn't great but now Im starting to embark on heisigs Kanji Learning books so they will probably be few and far between for a while...がんばって!!





No comments: